This page contains testimonials from people who have attended or hosted workshops, presentations and talks by me, as well as people with whom I've worked in other ways. The number of testimonials below do not reflect the number of activities I have done, rather that I only recently began to request testimonials. Thus, the list will hopefully grow in future.
If you have attended something by me and would like to send a testimonial, I would be very grateful. You can contact me here
"The IPSV training was specially tailored for first responders within the health and justice clusters in regional NSW. Attendees were very appreciative of the personal experience of the presenter, Louise, and whilst most are aware that IPSV exists, have never heard about it in this manner. This type of presentation is by far the best way to learn, and the attendees were openly encouraged to participate, question, and, share information. Attendees left with new information, strategies and awareness - all keen to advance the cause and bring IPSV into the open. Biggest thanks to Louise, who does an excellent job - clearly passionate, extremely knowledgeable and with a great personality that really delivers - we say thanks! We are already planning some additional sessions, it is so needed out here."
~Julie Grey, Coordinator, Staying Home Leaving Violence, Orana Local Area Command, NSW Police Force
"Louise McOrmond-Plummer is an inspirational trainer and educator with a unique combination of personal experience and academic knowledge. Her presentations are professional, engaging and well-balanced. Despite the confronting nature of the subject of IPSV Louise is confident and articulate in front of both small and large groups. I recommend her training to all community, health and justice sector workers."
~ Di Macleod, Founder and Director of Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence (GCCASV)
|"Louise McOrmond-Plummer, a leading light in the IPSV field as the coauthor of Real Rape, Real Pain and originator of the IPSV survivor website www.AphroditeWounded.org, is most generous with her insight, information, and support."
~Jennifer Y. Levy-Peck, PhD, Psychologist and Author, IPSV specialist at a statewide sexual assault coalition in the United States
|Feedback comments from When the Rapist is Her Partner IPSV Training Workshop:
- "Great to have a clearer understanding of IPSV, and from a legal capacity, identify to cilent in a much cleaerer understanding language, vocab, jargon, street talk."
- "I feel I need more time to feel comfortable asking the hard questions but will work towards achieving this. Thankyou for giving me the skills."
- "Thankyou for your time, understanding and knowledge of this sybject, Nothing in our lives goes to waste. We need to have this training in the broader community."
- "Very good knowledge of diffuclt topics - presenters very passionate about imparting their experience and this area of DV".
- "Presenters have an easy-going, great but professional training style. This made the content easy to digest."
- "Thankyou for providing a necessary thought-provoking topic. Much needed. Thanks again :)"
- "Excellent presenters. Love USB of resources (saving paper). Easy to share. Felt encouraged to respond and respected. Thankyou! :)"
- "Excellent presentation and workshop. Good balance of information transfer, activities and discussion. The gift of the USB will be a great reference resouce - thankyou. Good luck, ladies and well done."
- "What a wonderful training experience. I have learnt so much that I will be using in my interactions with my clients"
- "Training has raised my awareness of IPSV and will definitely influence my practise"
- "Very informative and relevant"
- "The workshop was insightful and informative in learning about IPSV."
- "Very informative and enjoyable - the day helped me feel much better equipped in dealing with disclosure of IPSV and supporting my clients"
- "Thankyou so much Helen and Louise for such an informative day. Thoroughly enjoyed it"
- "Thankyou very much for presenting such an informative workshop. I am looking forward to sharing what I have learned with my colleagues. I will also be reflecting on how I can implement what I have learned in my work with clients."
- "Thanks, great workshop!"
- "Louise and Helen were excellent at engaging those attending, were well-informed and presented information in an easy to understand format."
- "Can't thank you enough for a fantastic, positive learning experience. Always good to reflect on practice and BIG picture issues"
- "I’d like to say thanks for you making the effort to facilitate a workshop. Those of us that attended definitely took something new away. "
- "Thanks for the great workshop. I got some valuable information."
- "Thanks for providing a good foundation on understanding IPSV. Keep up your amazing work and teachings!"
- Thanks, terrific!
- "Found the workshop worthwhile. Thankyou."
- "Excellent training for workers, very appreciative, thankyou!"
- "Well done, thankyou for sharing all your valuable knowledge"
- "Thankyou so much for an informative, educational and enjoyable day."